CORE TEAM TO HOST INPUT SESSIONS
The newly formed Core Team working with our Development/Stewardship planning process will be hosting three evenings of Input Sessions on November 14th, November 27th and November 28th. There will be a 6 PM session, a 7 PM session, and an 8 PM session for a total of nine sessions over the three evenings. People invited to these sessions are being randomly selected from the parish database. A total of 300 people/couples were invited for this first round of sessions. In the future, the Core Team plans to continue with another round of input sessions.
The four questions that will be asked are:
- What are the main reasons you enjoy being a member of St. Anthony of Padua Parish and School Community?
- What are those areas that need the most improvement?
- Because communication is a key challenge that the Core Team will be looking to continually improve, what are the best ways you would suggest to improve parish and school communications?
- What suggestions would you like to make to the Core Team in regards to how St. Anthony can invite, involve, and engage more people into the life of our Faith Community?
YOUR OPPORTUNITY FOR INPUT
Even though the Core Team is hosting these sessions, mainly to promote greater dialogue, all parishioners are invited to offer their input into these same questions which are on the back side of the Development Update. The comments are being compiled by ISPD and shared with both the Parish Leadership Team and the Core Team.
CORE TEAM OUTREACH
As this process continues to reach out and invite involvement, Core Team members will begin visiting key ministries, groups, and organizations in order to communicate this Development & Stewardship process and answer any questions that people may have. The groups that Core Team members will be visiting in the near future are:
- Parish staff
- Pastoral Council
- Finance Committee
- Adult Faith Formation Committee
- Stewardship Council
- Education Council
- Marriage Building Church
- St. Vincent de Paul
- Knights of Columbus
- School Advisory Committee
- Booster Club
- Adult Choir
- Great Adventures
- Monthly Clergy Meeting
- Music Ministry
DEVELOPMENT ADVISORY BOARD (DAB)
Beginning in January 2013, the Core Team will start working with a new group – the Development Advisory Board (DAB). The group of 60-80 parish and school leaders will be an ad hoc group that will meet four times in order to create a written strategic plan for Development and Stewardship for St. Anthony Parish. Core Team members are in the process of suggesting names for the DAB with the goal of having 40% of the members being very involved and 60% of the members being somewhat or little involved. We will use this Update to continue to report progress.