FIRST COMMUNION ASSESSMENTS
First Communion Assessments will begin the week of
Please remember that these assessments are a REQUIRED part of the First Communion preparation process. We appreciate your help in making sure your child is in attendnace during their scheduled session.
How do I prepare my child for his or her assessment?
1) Please make sure you have completed with your child the Call to the Eucharist Student/Family books (the yellow ones you received at the parent meeting) BEFORE the week of March 19th.
2) Take your child to Sunday Mass on a weekly basis.
3) Review the Words of Faith section in the Call to Eucharist Student book
4) Understands the TRUE PRESENCE of Jesus in the Eucharist
5) Continue to teach your child their prayers:
Sign of the Cross
Act of Contrition
Parts of the Mass
(can be found in Roman Missal and the Gather Hymnal in the pew)
When will my child be assessed?
If your child attends St. Anthony of Padua Catholic School, your child will be assessed during their school day beginning the week of March 19th.
If your child attends St. Anthony of Padua Faith Formation, your child will be assessed during their faith formation class beginning the week of March 19th.
If your child receives faith fromation through the St. Anthony of Padua Homeschool Program or attends a Catholic school other than St. Anthony of Padua Catholic School, a link will be emailed to you inviting you to select an assessment date and time.